A Rare Glimpse

Friday, May 02, 2008

Time flies...

Wow...it's been awhile since I last posted. Let's see...in the last 8 months, I:
-finished first year of my ECE program!!
-survived 4 weeks of hell in the last month of school
-enjoyed all my courses, did really well in all the courses (except one :P)
-learned a lot in my Child Abuse class: it was my favourite class, followed by Children's Media/Literature, and Infant/Toddler Curriculum
-played indoor soccer fall term, played floor hockey winter term with the Kingston Sport and Social Club
-scored a handful of goals, had a few assists, and got slashed by a hockey stick in floor hockey, realized I'm a lot better at hockey than I gave myself credit for, considering I hadn't played since elementary school!
-played goalie for most games for indoor soccer (pretty good at it too!)
-planned a bachelorette party for Alice!
-was maid of honour for my best friend's wedding!
-decided to pick up running, and might try to run a 5K

I couldn't have asked for better. I've been really blessed this season in life and I'm really happy with where I'm at. I certainly didn't get here without a lot of pain and heartache though...so in retrospect, I can finally see that God was guiding me the whole time. The darkness I was in was a time when God seemed far away, but He was shaping and refining me like a potter or goldsmith. Nothing ever happens without a reason, and the best way to get through tough times is to cling to His love and promises and have some solid family and friends!